Monday 25 August 2014

Boys, don't lose your fun & colour!

Actual conversation with my 4 y/o boy this morning:

Sam: Mom, I love my nails, I'm so happy. We have to remember to take it off before school starts.
Me: Why buddy?
Sam: Because I don't want the kids to make fun of me.
Me: Why would they make fun of you?
Sam: Because boys don't paint their nails.
Me: Some boys paint their nails, and I think all boys should paint their nails cuz it's fun and colourful. Sometimes we forget how to just have fun buddy, but that's not your fault and you shouldn't worry about what other people think.
Sam: (thinks about it for a minute)... Mom, thank you for saying that. I feel better now... can we paint my fingernails tonight too?
Me: Sure buddy.
Sam: YEAH! I'm the happiest boy in the world! (Gives me a big hug & kiss).

If only everyone could remember what it was like to be 4 and to just want to have fun and be colourful. 


Boys, if you paint your nails (or want to paint them just for fun), please send me a picture so I can show Sam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment