Friday 7 October 2011

Getting Started

Well, I did it.  I took yet another leap of faith and started a blog.  I've been wanting to do this for over a year, but I have to admit, I'm a better talker than I am a writer, so be nice and please don't comment on bad grammar or jumbled thoughts... unless they are funny comments of course.
Frankly, I started this blog because I feel like I have a lot to say and I don't think that all my Facebook friends want to hear it all, cuz it's a lot.  I believe that there are probably a lot of people out there that may be having the same kind of day I am, or maybe they'll get a chuckle out of my many parenting and life mishaps.  This is going to be a place where I can write what I feel and not worry about Facebook backlash.  lol  Or so I hope.

So, I will start with a quick history on how my life has changed over the past 2 - 3 years and why I'm calling my blog Baby Steps.

I come from an amazing, loving family, and I admit, I was extremely spoiled and coddled... I still am actually (my dad still calls me "Mishy-Pooh").  So after college and working for 5 years as a legal secretary (borrrrinnnng), I decided to "take off" and try to figure out who I really was.  The following 7 years (4 spent in Mexico & 3 in Vancouver) were the best and worst I can imagine, but I learned so much about myself, people, and the person that I really want to be.

Fast forward a few more years, I moved back home to be closer to my parents and I am now married to an amazing man, living in a small town, with an 11 year old step-daughter Emily (who lives with her mom but we see her every day) and my son, Sam, who will be 2 on October 11th.  During this time, I quit my job in the travel industry (an industry I was in for over 15 years), got my real estate licence at the urging of my father, and started my own business with Arbonne.  I thought that all those years I was away "finding myself" would be the most interesting years of my life, but oh how I was WRONG!  My current life is waaaaaaaayyyyyy more interesting... but we'll get to that in another post.

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog MC! I'm going to be following it to see what you're next adventure is!
    MJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - here is my blog you can follow me - however, I'm very bad at timely updates...so the bonus is you won't get haggled by me too much! http://p8n8lop8smacrocosm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MJ! I'll follow you too!

    ReplyDelete